- Highly capable electric-powered running boards engineered for extreme environments
- Premium, dual-motor design automatically deploys and retracts boards
- Corrosion-resistant cast-aluminum construction for strength and durability
- Anodized and finished with a military-grade PTFE coating
- Massive 6" wide step area runs the length of the cab
- Textured, slip-resistant step surface
- Integrated LED convenience lighting
- Optional Override Switch is available for manual control
- Includes vehicle-specific installation guide and mount kit
- Mounts to vehicle's rocker panel
- Newer applications connect to the OBDII port via the Plug-N-Play module
- Professional installation is recommended
- 5-year limited warranty
Love the convenience of power running boards but need some extra durability? Then consider AMP Research PowerStep Xtreme Running Boards, which take everything you love about AMP's original PowerStep and make it bigger, better, and more reliable!
AMP Research PowerStep Xtreme Running Boards are the toughest power running boards on the market. Featuring an entirely cast aluminum construction, save for the stainless steel hinge pins, these running boards can withstand extreme weather conditions and abuse. All aluminum components are anodized before applying a military-grade PTFE coating, guarding the underlying aluminum against corrosion.
These running boards feature an extra-wide, non-slip, 6-inch wide step surface for maximum traction. AMP Research even includes bright, LED convenience lights that illuminate when the steps deploy, preventing slips and injuries from lack of visibility. As an upgrade, AMP Research fits each Powerstep Xtreme Running Board with a dual-motor setup, providing additional power to deploy and retract the oversized, cab-length running boards.
AMP Research PowerStep Xtreme Running Boards are vehicle-specific, ensuring a flawless fit and finish. Where applicable, newer models utilize a simple plug-and-play harness that connects directly to your vehicle's OBDII port, significantly simplifying installation.
PowerStep Xtreme Running Boards are manufactured in the USA and come backed by the confidence of AMP Research's 5-year limited warranty. For order assistance or product inquiries, contact the experts!
|5 Year Limited Warranty
|MADE IN AMERICA
Cleaning your PowerStep
In adverse conditions, debris such as mud, dirt, and salt may become trapped in the running board mechanism, possibly leading to unwanted noise, or binding.
Prepare for cleaning
Manually set the running boards to deploy: The running boards can be manually set in the deployed position by opening the door, and then place your foot on the step. Leave firm pressure with your foot on the step while you close the door. This will leave your steps in the deployed position.
How to maintain your steps:
Using a pressure washer to clean the front and rear linkages which are all 4 hinge points for your PowerSteps. Avoid spraying the motors directly.
After washing, apply silicone spray (dry Film lubricant) only, to all 4 linkage arms and all pivot pins, some of these pins will be located up high on the linkage arm as well. Then cycle the door to work the lubrication in to the hinge points.
Do not apply silicone, wax, or protectants like Armor All® to the running board. Do not lubricate with any greases, oils, WD-40, or penetrants.
This cleaning should be done periodically, or when debris such as mud, dirt or salt becomes trapped in the running board mechanism.
AMP Research PowerStep Xtreme Running Boards offer a straightforward installation; all hardware, bracketry, and vehicle-specific instructions are included. Some drilling is required, as is some splicing of wires; as a result, professional installation is recommended. For additional assistance, check out our video installation guide.
5-Year Limited Warranty
- What is Covered: All defects in materials or workmanship on select AMP Research branded products properly installed per provided instructions except those listed below under the Three Year Warranty. This warranty does not apply to any product from AMP Research direct or indirect subsidiaries.
- For How Long: This warranty, and any implied warranties including merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, lasts five years from the date of purchase. The warranty expires if the product is removed from the original vehicle or if the original vehicle is transferred to another owner. The warranty is not transferable from the original purchaser.
- What These Warranties Will Not Cover: These warranties doe not cover any damage, defect, or malfunction caused by misuse, abuse, accident, improper installation, modification, improper or inadequate maintenance, or on-road and offroad hazards. Incidental and consequential damages are not recoverable under this warranty. Some states or providence do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so this exclusion or limitation may not apply to you.
- What AMP Research Will Do: During the applicable warranty period listed above, AMP Research will, at its option, either repair or replace any defective product at no additional charge. You must pay any labor charges associated with removing or reinstalling the product. If a specific product has been discontinued, AMP Research may, at its option, replace your product with a current product of comparable function and value.