- Power-retractable running boards
- Integrated remote operation with smartphone app
- Premium, single-motor design automatically deploys and retracts boards
- Corrosion-resistant cast-aluminum construction for strength and durability
- Anodized finish with military-grade PTFE coating
- Extra-wide 6" step surface runs the length of the cab
- Textured, non-slip step pad
- Integrated LED courtesy lights
- Smartphone app offers manual override controls without requiring a physical switch
- Includes vehicle-specific installation guide and mount kit
- Sturdy, rocker-panel-mounted brackets
- Simple plug-n-play integration using the OBDII module
- Professional installation is recommended
- 5-year limited warranty
What do you get when you take the top-selling power-retractable running boards and add wireless smartphone integration? The AMP Research Powerstep Smart Series! The Powerstep Smart Series is AMP's most high-tech running board line to date, offering next-level features, effortless operation, and the same heavy-duty build quality expected from the leaders in power-retractable running boards.
The AMP Research Powerstep Smart Series features heavy-duty alloy construction consisting of anodized cast-aluminum steps, hinges, and corrosion-resistant stainless steel hinge pins. AMP Research treats both step surfaces with a military-grade PTFE coating, further guarding against corrosion and unsightly wear for years of reliable service.
These running boards significantly improve accessibility with their full-length design, oversized 6-inch wide step surface, integrated LED courtesy lights, and over a foot of drop from the door sill plate on most applications! Whether you're piloting a bone-stock pickup of a lifted rig running oversized tires, AMP Research Powerstep Smart Series running boards significantly ease entry into the cab.
Like all products in AMP Research's Powerstep running board lineup, the Powerstep Smart Series integrates into your vehicle's electrical system, automatically deploying when you or a passenger opens a door and retracting once the door is closed. However, the Smart Series features AMP Research's all-new smartphone integration, allowing you to manually override the steps from the convenience of your Apple or Android smart device! If you need to deploy the steps for cleaning or lock the steps in their retracted position while hitting the trail, you can open up the app and command the steps to do so in seconds!
AMP Research is a RealTruck company, so when you order a pair of Powerstep Smart Series running boards from us, you're ordering directly from the manufacturer. Like other AMP Research products, we back the Powerstep Smart Series with an industry-leading 5-year limited warranty.
|5 Year Limited Warranty
|MADE IN AMERICA
Cleaning your PowerStep
In adverse conditions, debris such as mud, dirt, and salt may become trapped in the running board mechanism, possibly leading to unwanted noise, or binding.
Prepare for cleaning
Manually set the running boards to deploy: The running boards can be manually set in the deployed position by opening the door, and then place your foot on the step. Leave firm pressure with your foot on the step while you close the door. This will leave your steps in the deployed position.
How to maintain your steps:
Using a pressure washer to clean the front and rear linkages which are all 4 hinge points for your PowerSteps. Avoid spraying the motors directly.
After washing, apply silicone spray (dry Film lubricant) only, to all 4 linkage arms and all pivot pins, some of these pins will be located up high on the linkage arm as well. Then cycle the door to work the lubrication in to the hinge points.
Do not apply silicone, wax, or protectants like Armor All® to the running board. Do not lubricate with any greases, oils, WD-40, or penetrants.
This cleaning should be done periodically, or when debris such as mud, dirt or salt becomes trapped in the running board mechanism.
AMP Research Powerstep Smart Series Running Boards feature an intuitive installation using the included vehicle-specific mounting brackets, hardware, and instructions. Each order includes a plug-n-play wiring harness and module, allowing you to integrate the step's wiring harness into your vehicle's factory electrical system with minimal cutting, splicing, and modification.
We recommend leaving this installation to a professional or skilled DIY-ers due to the wiring involved. For additional installation assistance, contact the experts and check out our video installation guides!
5-Year Limited Warranty
- What is Covered: All defects in materials or workmanship on select AMP Research branded products properly installed per provided instructions except those listed below under the Three Year Warranty. This warranty does not apply to any product from AMP Research direct or indirect subsidiaries.
- For How Long: This warranty, and any implied warranties including merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, lasts five years from the date of purchase. The warranty expires if the product is removed from the original vehicle or if the original vehicle is transferred to another owner. The warranty is not transferable from the original purchaser.
- What These Warranties Will Not Cover: These warranties doe not cover any damage, defect, or malfunction caused by misuse, abuse, accident, improper installation, modification, improper or inadequate maintenance, or on-road and offroad hazards. Incidental and consequential damages are not recoverable under this warranty. Some states or providence do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so this exclusion or limitation may not apply to you.
- What AMP Research Will Do: During the applicable warranty period listed above, AMP Research will, at its option, either repair or replace any defective product at no additional charge. You must pay any labor charges associated with removing or reinstalling the product. If a specific product has been discontinued, AMP Research may, at its option, replace your product with a current product of comparable function and value.