- Electric-powered running boards with smartphone controls
- Premium, single-motor design automatically deploys and retracts boards
- Built with corrosion resistant cast-aluminum for strength and durability
- Anodized then finished with a military grade PTFE coating
- Step area is a massive 6 inches wide and runs the length of the cab
- Features textured, slip-resistant step surface
- Comes with integrated LED lighting
- Smart phone app features manual override without need for physical switch
- Includes vehicle specific installation guide and mount kit
- Mounts to vehicle's rocker panel
- Connects to OBDII port using patented Plug-N-Play module
- Professional installation is recommended
- 5-year limited warranty
AMP Research is continuously looking for ways to upgrade their PowerStep line of electric running boards and they have done it again with the new Smart Series. Like all PowerSteps, these boards extend down when you open the door, revealing a massive illuminated running board for a safe step and they conveniently tuck against the cab of the truck when the doors close, allowing your truck to maintain its ground clearance. They feature a reformed step profile that better matches the body lines on today's trucks and the textured black powder-coating provides excellent traction no matter the weather. Best of all, AMP have built these steps to be controllable by way of an (iOS or Android) smartphone app! The app features an override option to extend and retract the steps with your phone without having to open the door, and it also operates auxiliary lighting that can be plugged into the included low profile auxiliary port!
The Smart Series PowerSteps come backed with AMP's 5-year limited warranty, and we cover the cost of shipping to sweeten the deal! Give us a call today to upgrade your truck with the steps you and your passengers deserve.
|Step Length||Cab Length|
|Step Width||6" Wide|
|Warranty||5 Year Limited Warranty|
|MADE IN AMERICA||Yes|
Cleaning your PowerStep
In adverse conditions, debris such as mud, dirt, and salt may become trapped in the running board mechanism, possibly leading to unwanted noise, or binding.
Prepare for cleaning
Manually set the running boards to deploy: The running boards can be manually set in the deployed position by opening the door, and then place your foot on the step. Leave firm pressure with your foot on the step while you close the door. This will leave your steps in the deployed position.
How to maintain your steps:
Using a pressure washer to clean the front and rear linkages which are all 4 hinge points for your PowerSteps. Avoid spraying the motors directly.
After washing, apply silicone spray (dry Film lubricant) only, to all 4 linkage arms and all pivot pins, some of these pins will be located up high on the linkage arm as well. Then cycle the door to work the lubrication in to the hinge points.
Do not apply silicone, wax, or protectants like Armor All® to the running board. Do not lubricate with any greases, oils, WD-40, or penetrants.
This cleaning should be done periodically, or when debris such as mud, dirt or salt becomes trapped in the running board mechanism.
All AMP Research PowerSteps come complete with vehicle specific mounting kit and installation instructions. Installation is best left to the professional installers or advanced DIY-ers, due to the wiring involved. As with any installation, be sure to verify all parts are present and carefully read the entire installation manual prior beginning.
5-Year Limited Warranty
- What is Covered: All defects in materials or workmanship on select AMP Research branded products properly installed per provided instructions except those listed below under the Three Year Warranty. This warranty does not apply to any product from AMP Research direct or indirect subsidiaries.
- For How Long: This warranty, and any implied warranties including merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, lasts five years from the date of purchase. The warranty expires if the product is removed from the original vehicle or if the original vehicle is transferred to another owner. The warranty is not transferable from the original purchaser.
- What These Warranties Will Not Cover: These warranties doe not cover any damage, defect, or malfunction caused by misuse, abuse, accident, improper installation, modification, improper or inadequate maintenance, or on-road and offroad hazards. Incidental and consequential damages are not recoverable under this warranty. Some states or providence do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so this exclusion or limitation may not apply to you.
- What AMP Research Will Do: During the applicable warranty period listed above, AMP Research will, at its option, either repair or replace any defective product at no additional charge. You must pay any labor charges associated with removing or reinstalling the product. If a specific product has been discontinued, AMP Research may, at its option, replace your product with a current product of comparable function and value.