How to Order:
- Visually inspect your PowerStep’s controller or check the Install Guide for your PowerSteps to find your controller type. (You will need to know your PowerStep's part number to look up the install guide.)
- If you do not know the part number for your PowerSteps, you can find it by navigating to the appropriate PowerStep page and filling out the vehicle selector: Original PowerStep, PowerStep XL, or PowerStep XTreme
- If your PowerSteps already have an STA, STB or XTA Dual-Plug Controller, you do NOT need a new controller, and should order 79106-01A (most common option).
- ONLY order the kit with an STA controller if you have an existing Single-Plug A-04 or A-06 Controller.
- ONLY order the kit with an STB controller if you have an existing Single-Plug B-03 or B-05 Controller.
- Sleek 3-position rocker switch
- AMP Research branding
- Manually overrides all AMP PowerSteps
- 3 modes: retract, auto, or deployed
- Easily installs onto your dash
- Wires directly into the PowerStep Controller
- Includes plug-and-play harness
- Upgrade to the PowerStep Smart Series and your phone becomes the Override Switch
- Made in the USA
AMP Research PowerSteps are a game-changing running board, tucking out of sight behind your vehicle's rocker panels while driving and deploying automatically with the doors open. While innovative, this design poses one issue: what if you'd like to temporarily prevent your running boards from deploying automatically or manually deploy them for cleaning and servicing? Luckily, AMP Research has you covered!
Introducing the AMP Research PowerStep Override Switch: a sleek, flush-mount, 3-position toggle switch that mounts to your pickup's dash, center console, or anywhere else it'll fit! This switch features three positions–retract, automatic, and deploy–allowing you to retract or deploy your running boards with the push of a button. Leaving the toggle in the middle position retains the Power Step's automatic functionality.
This switch includes a plug-and-play wiring harness to integrate directly into your PowerStep's wiring, making integration a breeze. Physically mounting the toggle switch is just as simple; mark your desired location, drill the appropriately sized hole, and insert it into the dash! Or, you can eliminate the need for an override switch switch all together, if you have a newer truck—upgrade to the PowerStep Smart Series
AMP USA-made override switches are engineered for quality, ensuring a premium, long-lasting product. To further substantiate that claim, each product is backed by a 5-year limited warranty.
|Warranty||5 Year Limited Warranty|
|MADE IN AMERICA||Yes|
The AMP Research PowerStep Override Switch features a simple installation; drilling is required. Plug-and-play harnesses are included in each order, ensuring quick integration into your PowerStep's original wiring.
5-Year Limited Warranty
- What is Covered: All defects in materials or workmanship on select AMP Research branded products properly installed per provided instructions except those listed below under the Three Year Warranty. This warranty does not apply to any product from AMP Research direct or indirect subsidiaries.
- For How Long: This warranty, and any implied warranties including merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, lasts five years from the date of purchase. The warranty expires if the product is removed from the original vehicle or if the original vehicle is transferred to another owner. The warranty is not transferable from the original purchaser.
- What These Warranties Will Not Cover: These warranties doe not cover any damage, defect, or malfunction caused by misuse, abuse, accident, improper installation, modification, improper or inadequate maintenance, or on-road and offroad hazards. Incidental and consequential damages are not recoverable under this warranty. Some states or providence do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so this exclusion or limitation may not apply to you.
- What AMP Research Will Do: During the applicable warranty period listed above, AMP Research will, at its option, either repair or replace any defective product at no additional charge. You must pay any labor charges associated with removing or reinstalling the product. If a specific product has been discontinued, AMP Research may, at its option, replace your product with a current product of comparable function and value.