AMP Research is a RealTruck brand. When you buy AMP Research from RealTruck, you are buying direct from the manufacturer.
- Convenient retractable design
- Automatically deploys when doors are opened
- Corrosion-resistant cast aluminum construction
- Anodized, then finished with a military-grade PTFE coating
- 6-inch wide, cab-length step area
- Textured, slip-resistant step surface
- Extends 4-inches lower than traditional Power Step
- 600-lb. load capacity
- Integrated LED lighting illuminated steps for safe entry
- Includes vehicle-specific installation guide, mount kit, and hardware
- Mounts to vehicle's rocker panel
- Connects to OBDII port using patented Plug-N-Play module
- Professional installation is recommended
- 5-year/60,000 mile warranty
AMP Research is the leading provider of power-retractable running boards, making waves with its best-selling Power Steps. While providing sufficient assistance for most individuals, AMP Research has recently developed a beefier, lower-hanging iteration of its Power Step: introducing the Power Step XL from AMP Research!
These heavy-duty power steps retain the same overall design as AMP's conventional retractable running boards; however, the company has retrofitted a few improvements geared toward oversized and heavily lifted applications. To begin, the Power Step XL is AMP's lowest-hanging step yet, with the retractable running board dropping an additional 4 inches lower than the standard model! The surface is also 6 inches wide, making for a secure and stable step up into the cab.
Like the standard Power Steps, the Power Step XL is manufactured entirely from durable die-cast aluminum, ensuring maximum strength and minimum weight. All aluminum components are anodized and coated with a military-grade PTFE (Teflon), preventing surface corrosion. Due to the Power Step XL's rugged alloy construction, these steps can withstand a whopping 600 pounds, far heavier than most retractable and stationary running boards!
For added convenience, these steps feature bright LED chips integrated into the central rail, casting a vibrant glow onto the step surface and surrounding area to ensure sure-footed entry, no matter the time of day.
For the ultimate blend of styling and convenience for your lifted pickup, check out the AMP Research Power Step XL.
|Step Type||Running Boards|
|Step Length||Cab Length|
|Step Width||6" Wide|
|Warranty||5 Years/60,000 Miles|
|MADE IN AMERICA||Yes|
Cleaning your PowerStep
In adverse conditions, debris such as mud, dirt, and salt may become trapped in the running board mechanism, possibly leading to unwanted noise, or binding.
Prepare for cleaning
Manually set the running boards to deploy: The running boards can be manually set in the deployed position by opening the door, and then place your foot on the step. Leave firm pressure with your foot on the step while you close the door. This will leave your steps in the deployed position.
How to maintain your steps:
Using a pressure washer to clean the front and rear linkages which are all 4 hinge points for your PowerSteps. Avoid spraying the motors directly.
After washing, apply silicone spray (dry Film lubricant) only, to all 4 linkage arms and all pivot pins, some of these pins will be located up high on the linkage arm as well. Then cycle the door to work the lubrication in to the hinge points.
Do not apply silicone, wax, or protectants like Armor All® to the running board. Do not lubricate with any greases, oils, WD-40, or penetrants.
This cleaning should be done periodically, or when debris such as mud, dirt or salt becomes trapped in the running board mechanism.
The AMP Research Power Step XL features a simple bolt-on installation using existing holes in your vehicle's rocker panels. All hardware, wiring, and vehicle-specific instructions are included; however, professional installation is recommended. For any additional questions, contact the experts.
5-Year/60,000 Mile Warranty
- What is Covered: All defects in materials or workmanship on select AMP Research branded products properly installed per provided instructions except those listed below under the Three Year Warranty. This warranty does not apply to any product from AMP Research direct or indirect subsidiaries.
- For How Long: This warranty, and any implied warranties including merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, lasts five years or 60,000 miles (whichever comes first) from the date of purchase. The warranty expires if the product is removed from the original vehicle or if the original vehicle is transferred to another owner. The warranty is not transferable from the original purchaser.
- What These Warranties Will Not Cover: These warranties doe not cover any damage, defect, or malfunction caused by misuse, abuse, accident, improper installation, modification, improper or inadequate maintenance, or on-road and offroad hazards. Incidental and consequential damages are not recoverable under this warranty. Some states or providence do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so this exclusion or limitation may not apply to you.
- What AMP Research Will Do: During the applicable warranty period listed above, AMP Research will, at its option, either repair or replace any defective product at no additional charge. You must pay any labor charges associated with removing or reinstalling the product. If a specific product has been discontinued, AMP Research may, at its option, replace your product with a current product of comparable function and value.