- Installation requires drilling
- NOTE: Stock levels change regularly. If your product is unavailable, please call or chat to verify inventory.
|Now $150 off - hurry, offer ends Wednesday!|
|Made in the USA|
AMP Research is a RealTruck brand. When you buy AMP Research from RealTruck, you are buying direct from the manufacturer.
- The original electric-powered running board
- Automatically deploys and retracts
- Corrosion-resistant die-cast aluminum construction
- Heavy-duty stainless steel pivot pins
- Military-grade black PTFE coating
- 6-inch wide, cab-length steps
- Textured, slip-resistant step surface
- Low-profile, integrated LED courtesy lights
- Includes vehicle-specific installation guide and mount kit
- Includes patented Plug-N-Play module on applicable chassis
- Professional installation recommended
- 5-year/60,000 mile warranty
While every pickup truck, Jeep, or SUV can benefit from a set of running boards, only some consumers enjoy the aesthetic. Luckily, AMP Research offers its patented power step; a heavy-duty, power retractable running board that deploys when needed and retracts under the body when not in use.
AMP Research utilizes only the finest materials, including die-cast aluminum and stainless steel for exceptional durability and corrosion resistance. The step's surface is treated with a military-grade PTFE coating, guarding the underlying alloy against oxidation and abrasions; the black finish also provides a sleek, discreet appearance.
For ease of use, each power step includes low-profile LED courtesy lights, illuminating the step surface and surrounding area to ease low-light entry. To simplify the installation process, each set of power steps includes a vehicle-specific mounting kit, thorough instructions, and; if applicable, a plug-n-play OBD II module.
To ease entry into your ride without sacrificing aesthetics, consider AMP Research's power steps.
|Step Type||Running Boards|
|Step Length||Cab Length|
|Step Width||6" Wide|
|Warranty||5 Years/60,000 Miles|
|MADE IN AMERICA||Yes|
Cleaning your PowerStep
In adverse conditions, debris such as mud, dirt, and salt may become trapped in the running board mechanism, possibly leading to unwanted noise, or binding.
Prepare for cleaning
Manually set the running boards to deploy: The running boards can be manually set in the deployed position by opening the door, and then place your foot on the step. Leave firm pressure with your foot on the step while you close the door. This will leave your steps in the deployed position.
How to maintain your steps:
Using a pressure washer to clean the front and rear linkages which are all 4 hinge points for your PowerSteps. Avoid spraying the motors directly.
After washing, apply silicone spray (dry Film lubricant) only, to all 4 linkage arms and all pivot pins, some of these pins will be located up high on the linkage arm as well. Then cycle the door to work the lubrication in to the hinge points.
Do not apply silicone, wax, or protectants like Armor All® to the running board. Do not lubricate with any greases, oils, WD-40, or penetrants.
This cleaning should be done periodically, or when debris such as mud, dirt or salt becomes trapped in the running board mechanism.
Each AMP Research power step includes a vehicle-specific mounting kit, providing all bracketry and hardware for a complete installation. As with any project involving wiring, professional installation is recommended. For additional assistance, consider checking out our installation videos below.
How to Install AMP Research PowerStep Xtreme Running Boards
How to Install AMP Research Power Step on a 2020 Ram 2500
5-Year/60,000 Mile Warranty
- What is Covered: All defects in materials or workmanship on select AMP Research branded products properly installed per provided instructions except those listed below under the Three Year Warranty. This warranty does not apply to any product from AMP Research direct or indirect subsidiaries.
- For How Long: This warranty, and any implied warranties including merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, lasts five years or 60,000 miles (whichever comes first) from the date of purchase. The warranty expires if the product is removed from the original vehicle or if the original vehicle is transferred to another owner. The warranty is not transferable from the original purchaser.
- What These Warranties Will Not Cover: These warranties doe not cover any damage, defect, or malfunction caused by misuse, abuse, accident, improper installation, modification, improper or inadequate maintenance, or on-road and offroad hazards. Incidental and consequential damages are not recoverable under this warranty. Some states or providence do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so this exclusion or limitation may not apply to you.
- What AMP Research Will Do: During the applicable warranty period listed above, AMP Research will, at its option, either repair or replace any defective product at no additional charge. You must pay any labor charges associated with removing or reinstalling the product. If a specific product has been discontinued, AMP Research may, at its option, replace your product with a current product of comparable function and value.